Are you a mortgage agent/sub broker looking develop your career in private lending? If you have a passion for deal making, negotiating, crafting creative financing solutions, and building relationships then we want to invest in you! We are looking for professionals who have experience in private mortgages and are committed to developing their career in private lending.
AAREA is private mortgage lending and mortgage administration company that is licensed as a mortgage brokerage and administrator in BC and Ontario operating since 2012. Our mortgage activities focus 100% on private lending. We are direct lenders providing alternative lending solutions to borrowers who don’t fit traditional bank lending parameters. We focus on residential mortgages.
· Able to build a genuine rapport quickly with new clients and counterparties
· Focused on the big picture, yet have the ability to see the details
· Ability to find creative solutions in a competitive market
· Motivated by sales goals and no caps on commission
· Effective verbal and written communication skills in a professional setting
· Driven to succeed
· Experience in private mortgage brokering/lending
· Experience working with investors
· Experience underwriting mortgages
· Committed to professional development and growth
Benefits of working with AAREA
· Competitive commission structure with performance incentives
· Access to private capital
· On-going one-on-one training and support
· Opportunity for growth and greater responsibilities
· Flexible hours and work remotely at your location
· Professional development opportunities
· Working with a collaborative and knowledgeable team in a growing company
· Contribute meaningfully in an entrepreneurial setting where your ideas are listened to and have a have a platform to grow
This is a commission sales position:
Your primary objective, as a sub mortgage broker/agent is underwriting and negotiating private mortgages that are originated from the broker channel. The ability to manage your time and focus your efforts on a daily basis to reach your goals is critical to success.
· Your day will be spent underwriting and negotiating private mortgages, developing relationships with the broker channel and facilitating deals through closing
· This position offers a high degree of flexibility and excellent earning potential as private mortgages pay higher commissions than A Deals and often close quickly
· You will have the freedom to fund your deals with our capital or other private sources. Assistance will be provided
· Meet and exceed mortgage sales targets of $2M in mortgage production monthly
· Rely on back office support for document preparation, disclosures and other record keeping freeing you up to focus on your most valuable work
· Grow with an entrepreneurial team of dedicated lending professionals
· Licensed under BCFSA or FSRA as a Sub Mortgage Broker/Mortgage Agent or in the process of becoming licensed.
· Underwriting or private mortgage brokering/lending experience.
· Real Estate and Mortgage knowledge is an asset.
· Experience working with accredited investors or HNWI is an asset.
· Balance sales goals with the requirement to operate legally and ethically.
· Provide memorable customer service and professional advice by effectively determining what is needed for a deal to be successful and negotiating on behalf of the lender’s interests
· Promote high standards of ethical behavior.
· Ability to work full time independently and from your own space.
We are looking for driven and personable mortgage professionals to join our team.
Enthusiastic entrepreneurs with a passion for mortgages: send a covering letter and resume in PDF format